Preparing to Live and Learn in an Ever-Changing World
Catholic Schools in the Mid-Ohio Valley have a 150-year history of providing innovative and exemplary education for the whole child. PCS proudly continues this legacy by developing leaders academically, socially, and spiritually. PCS provides an academic program to meet the needs of all learners.
Our mission is “To bring people closer to Christ, Parkersburg Catholic Schools fosters relationships with family, community and all people through service, education excellence and faith formation.” Our school community – the Crusader family – aims to achieve our mission by empowering students with knowledge and transforming by faith.
Our 7 Step Admissions Process
We want to answer your questions and make the admission process as seamless as possible. Our standardized process ensures inquiring families have a great understanding before we proceed to the next step.
- Inquiry – Call, send an email, fill out a form… Let us know you’re interested.
- Initial Contact – Let’s have a conversation to answer all your questions.
- School Tour – We would love to show you around. We’re really proud of our schools.
- Shadow Day – This is your child’s chance to check us out. We’ll help them feel right at home.
- Principal Interview /Needs Review – Less intimidating than it sounds. We want to hear your goals.
- Application Submission & Review – The paperwork and hand shaking part.
- Family Offer Acceptance & Registration Fee – More paperwork and handshaking. Advance to Enrollment Process.
Our 10 Step Enrollment Process
It’s important that we communicate with our families through every step of the enrollment process. We have a system to ensure all of your questions are answered and you are never wondering – “what’s next”. Our enrollment process helps our families and students join our school educated and prepared.
- Enrollment Forms – Paperwork for things we need to know.
- Tuition Payment Plan – The money part.
- Grant and Aid Application – Every little bit helps.
- Signatures & Registration Fee – A little more paperwork.
- Tuition & Fees Schedule” and Withdrawal Policy signed and submitted.
- Preschool Enrollment Level – Part Time or Full Time
- After School Care Registration – Preschool and Elementary only – (yes or no option)
- Middle School Scheduling – Meet with school counselor and discuss choices
- High School Scheduling – Meet with counselor to plan the next 4 years.
- Probationary Period (1st quarter) – We want everyone to be happy.
Preschool 3 & 4 year old- PART TIME
- 8:00am-11:30am, 5 days per week
Preschool 3 & 4 year old- FULL TIME
- 8:00am-2:30pm, 5 days per week
Elementary School (K-5)
Middle School (6-8)
High School (9-12)
Understanding Parkersburg Catholic Schools Admissions
The following policies have been adopted to clearly articulate how enrollment decisions will be determined. If the application is received by the deadline and student meets the school’s admissions criteria, student will be further considered for enrollment. Students will be selected and placed in the school based on the maximum capacity of classrooms as set by the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston according to the following categories in order:
- Currently enrolled students in good standing.
- Siblings of students currently enrolled.
- Students currently enrolled and in good standing at another school in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
- Catholic children of participating parishioners who are siblings or children of a graduate of the School.
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing and participating members of the School Parish (or if a central school, one of the participating parishes).*
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing, and participating members at another Catholic parish within the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.*
- Non-Catholic students (Non-Catholic students will be enrolled or added to a waiting list in the order of applications received).
* Families can obtain a form from their parish that is to be signed by the pastor and submitted to the school at application.
- Students not selected for admission due to class size limits, will automatically be placed on a wait list.
- If an opening becomes available, students on the wait list will be given priority for those openings in the same order of preference as detailed in the Admission Eligibility protocols.
- The wait list will exist for the current academic year only.
- The wait list will be established after the enrollment process for the upcoming school year has ended and will terminate when that school year ends.
Your Child’s Education Matters
Experience Parkersburg Catholic Schools and what makes The PC Way the chosen path to remarkable education.
What Parents and Students Are Saying
My children both are thriving at Parkersburg Catholic. My oldest began at PCES in kindergarten, and I’ve watched her grow and change so much, both academically, but also with her faith. She asks more questions about our religion, and is excited to go to church, and learn about God. My youngest, the more “challenging” of the two, is doing well in preschool. In spite of his spirited nature, his teachers take him on with grace, and an amazing sense of calm. I’m so happy we found Parkersburg Catholic Schools, and look forward to many years to come.
We have loved being a part of this community. The teachers and staff are always working hard to provide a valuable education and help grow a rich faith life for our children.
My high school experience with Parkersburg Catholic High School has been anything but negative. Students here do not have to deal with most of the everyday stressors that many public school students have to deal with. Fights are unheard of and there is no bullying. No student has to worry about ever failing a class because of how much the teachers care about each individual student and the opportunities they provide students to better their grades. Small class sizes also ensure that a student will understand the material and be able to perform at his or her best on each assessment. It is easy to find classrooms and other students are willing to help guide new students if they are unsure of where to go. While in the school, it is easy to see that the student body loves their school, even though the population may be small. There is a strong connection to the school through the students and they love to be active in their community. The school truly makes the most out of its small size.
My child loves school, and looks forward to coming every day. Teachers and caring and knowledgeable and push him to achieve his potential. I love the faith based education. At this school, you not only learn in the classroom, you learn how to be a great person.
PCHS has teachers that put the students first to help them understand a challenging curriculum. The number of courses available to students is astounding, considering the size of the school. Extracurricular activities are limited only to the students’ imagination!