Welcome to Parkersburg Catholic Schools!
As principal, it is my honor and privilege to welcome all to our school. Here at Parkersburg Catholic Schools (PCS) our mission is “To bring people closer to Christ, Parkersburg Catholic Schools fosters relationships with family, community and all people through service, education excellence and faith formation.” Our school community – family – aims to achieve our mission by empowering our students with knowledge and transforming by faith. Throughout our campuses and classrooms our beliefs and values are present.
- Growing and practicing our Catholic faith enables us to provide the best educational environment for students.
- Curriculum, that integrates faith, family culture and life is critically needed to educate the whole child.
- Stewardship is the sharing of one’s time, talent, treasure and hospitality that enables PCS to live our mission.
- Christ is at the center of each school day through our commitment to Mass, prayer, academics, service and extra-curricular activities.
- By holding each student to the highest expectations, they are well prepared to succeed in college and in life.
- Hiring and retaining highly qualified staff members dedicated to the vocation of Catholic education is critical to the success of our students.
- Fostering an environment in which families, students and staff members encourage and support one another
- Engaging and innovative instruction empowers each student to reach his/her full potential
Parkersburg Catholic Schools has a 150-year history in the Mid-Ohio Valley of providing innovative and exemplary education for the whole child. PCS proudly continues this legacy by developing leaders academically, athletically, socially, morally and spiritually. All our graduates enter college, the military, or post-high school career programs. PCS provides an academic program to meet the needs of exceptional, gifted and talented and rigorous programming. All with a small teacher to student ratio. Our Catholic faith, service-centered activities, and extra-curricular clubs also provide opportunities for leadership and spiritual development. Our athletic programs are well-known for developing all students interested in participating. We have a long history of championship teams in multiple sports.
However, as the proud principal of Crusader Country, I am most proud of the daily life our teachers, staff and students create by living our beliefs and mission. It’s something like no other school!
I invite you to visit our campuses and experience a moment in our Crusader Life.
Welcome to Crusader country!
Mrs. Mary Caren “M.C.” Heffner Principal